God, by His grace alone, has led me to repent of my sin and believe upon Jesus Christ, trusting Him alone as my Savior and Lord. As one who has been baptized by immersion, I desire to unite with this church family. Therefore, I enter into a covenantal relationship with the members of this church. In humble reliance upon the Holy Spirit, I will strive to do the following:
1. Faithfully attend the services of the church (Heb. 10:25)
2. Diligently guard the truth of Scripture by teaching sound doctrine and opposing false doctrine (I Tim. 1:1-7; I Jn. 4:1-6).
3. Wholeheartedly support, love, and care for this church’s ministries and members, by
• Praying for others (I Thess. 5:17; Col. 1:1-5)
• Giving financially (II Cor. 9:7)
• Serving in ministry (Eph. 4:11-16; I Pet. 4:10)
4. Boldly witness for the Lord Jesus Christ, living a transformed life and sharing the Gospel as God gives opportunity
(I Pet. 3:15-16)
5. Actively pursue personal holiness before God, loving others as Christ loved us (I Pet. 1:14-16; I Jn. 4:11)
6. Diligently promote the unity of the church, being a peacemaker with all in the body of Christ (Rom. 12:18; Phil. 2:1-2).
7. Respect the leaders that God has placed over me (Heb. 13:17).
8. Humbly submit to the church’s discipline, graciously repenting when approached about personal sin, and lovingly
restoring those who repent back into fellowship (Matt. 18:15-17; I Cor. 5).
I will, when I move from this place, as soon as possible unite with some other church where I can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.